Gusbourne Estate, Blanc de Blancs, Brut, Kent, England 2013
94 Oz Clarke-95, Sarah Jane Evans-95, Tina Gellie-92
- OC Full and dry, with a telling streak of mineral stoniness softened by creamy hazelnut which will increase with age.
- SJE Clean, punchy delivery, with vibrant and thrilling freshness. Finely balanced. The finish is tight, but promises well with time.
- TG Ripe mango, yellow apple and floral notes. Zingy and fresh, with an elegant finish.
Drink 2019-2024. Alcohol 12%. Nominated by Stephen Skelton MW.
Orgo, Rkatsiteli, Kakheti, Georgia 2016
93 OC-95, SJE-92, TG-92
- OC Bitter stone notes; dry and chewy, with tamarind, peach skin and apple pips.
- SJE Sumptuous auburn colour. Subtle aromas of roasted fruits and nuts. The palate is driven by texture rather than fruit, with a slight rasp of tannin. Notes of mint and eucalyptus.
- TG Amber hue. Mellow, roasted pear and fresh green apple aromas. More nutty and woody on the textured, grippy palate. Contemplative and food-friendly, but not for everyone.
Drink 2019-2024. Alcohol 13%. Nominated by Andrew Jefford.
Vita Vinea, Kisi Amber Dry, Kakheti, Georgia 2016
92 OC-94, SJE-90, TG-92
- OC Pretty full style; dusty, clay-scented, with a little pale orange and apricot fruit, dried out but there, to soften the bitter bite.
- SJE Brilliant gold with yellow lights. Delicately smoky aromatics. A rasp of tannin gives a drying note. The freshness lifts the weight of tannin, and offers light orange
- notes. Long spicy finish.
- TG Burnished gold colour. Aromas and flavours of smoky toasted nuts and tart greengages on a grippy palate with dusty tannins and savoury, fresh acidity. Intriguing.
Drink 2019-2022. Alcohol 13%. Nominated by Anthony Rose.